Monday, April 7, 2008


Photobucket





The Poison apples

by Lily Archer



Cinderella, Snow White, and Repunzel all have something in common. Their Evil Stepmothers. Well Alice Bingley-Beckerman, Reena Paruchuri, and Molly Miller have that same thing--or person--in common as well. They think they are very alone in the universe until they go to Putnam Mount Mckinsey. a posh boarding school. This is where they meet and form their secret society dedicated to getting revenge.

This very comical story full of ups and downs is a light hearted book that is a fun read. In the beginning you feel sympathetic for these girls. In the end you are rooting for them. They're misadventures made me laugh aloud. I know what really caught my eye in the bookstore is the magnificent cover. I loved how the pages lining was red, red, red. The style of writing switched between the three girls so you got the full story and in their narration. This makes the story much more real for the reader. I loved the girls characters and how they weren't at all as they appeared. The plot ended open and i hope there is a sequel. All in all the book was pretty good.

5 comments:

Ink Mage said...

Hm, this sounds interesting. And for once it's something I've never heard of before! :-)

Ink Mage said...

You've been tagged with a meme if you'd like to play:
http://inkmagic.blogspot.com/2008/06/author-meme.html

Em said...

Sounds like a good one. I'll have to check it out.

And thanks for commenting on my blog. I haven't gotten around to reading Guitar Girl yet but I hope to this weekend. :)

Em said...

Hey Chloe,
I just posted a review of Guitar Girl. Thanks for asking me to review it! I really liked it. Do you have a copy already? If not, I'd love to send you mine. Send me an email if you want. emsbookshelf@gmail.com

Em said...

oops, here's the link to the review...

http://emsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2008/06/guitar-girl-by-sarra-manning-book.html